Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Power of Deliverance Book Club



Hope you enjoyed reading Power of Deliverance. This is the place to share your thoughts and ask some questions. The comments section below is all yours.

A man of God stands condemned.

The prophet Uriah is on trial for treason, having intercepted sensitive military letters from Captain Laban. If Laban and the elders in the Jerusalem City Council have their way, Uriah, and the secrets that could prove to be Laban’s undoing, will be forever silenced. Against such powerful odds, there remains but one person who can save Uriah: the prophet Lehi-but only at the risk of his own life, and the lives of his family members.

Join this epic series as Lehi, Nephi, and other Book of Mormon characters come to life. The Power of Deliverance, Volume 2 in the Promised Land series, is a fast-paced, triumphant sequel to the best-selling novel, Pillar of Fire.

You Will Never Read the Book of Mormon the Same Way Again!

3 comments:

Francie Jenson said...

Power of Deliverance was another excellent book in this series. But I have to say I had a harder time getting into this one.

I read this volume immediately after finishing volume one and I was anxious to get back to Aaron and Rebekah and Zoram and Elizabeth and all the other characters I had enjoyed from Pillar of Fire. The result of this anxiety was that I found the whole build up to Uriah's trial and Zadock's tax scheming a little, well, tedious.

As I continued to read though, the new characters developed and I found myself equally involved in this story too. I especially liked the messenger pigeons and the intrigue surrounding the Lakhish letters. (And I was still a big fan of the chapter notes and the incredible wealth of information contained in them.)

By the time I finished this volume I actually felt it was even better than its predecessor. Which is really saying something because Pillar of Fire really was an outstanding book!

David G. Woolley said...

So Francie, I'm thinking that the "Tedious" is really more you wanting to get on with the story of characters and story line from Pillar of Fire, rather than waiting a few pages (okay, maybe a hundred) while some new characters join the fray and a couple of new plot lines are introduced. Isn't that mostly what it is? Impatience strikes again!

I know your pain. I'm always ticked when a story goes somwhere I don't want it to go, but I'm also drawn in a little deeper with the new story intersects with the old one. No?

David G. Woolley

Francie Jenson said...

Okay, yes, that's about how it happened. And I said that, didn't I? I know, you didn't want to hear me use the word tedious ever again ... Ah, well.